If you are applying for 30 hours extended childcare please make sure you have have checked for eligibility www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Any questions please call Advice and Support Services on 0300 123 7001
Tapestry Online Learning Journey Policy
Policies and Procedures
Belgrave Pre-school ensures that all children attending the setting have a personal Learning Journey which records photos, observations and comments, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage, to build up a record of each child’s achievements during their time with us.
It will also show children’s developmental progress through the different age bands of the EYFS.
EYFS key themes and commitments
|A Unique Child||Positive Relationships||Enabling Environments||Learning and Development|
- Each child will have an Early Years Practitioner (EYP)/keyworker allocated to them who will be responsible for the compilation of that child’s Learning Journey.
- Belgrave Pre-school uses an online Learning Journey system (Tapestry), allowing staff and parents to access the information from any computer via a personal, password-protected login.
- Staff access allows input of new observations and photos or amendment of existing observations and photos.
- Parent access allows input of new observations and photos or the addition of comments on existing observations and photos – parent log-ins do not have the necessary permission to edit existing material.
- Parents logging into the system are only able to see their own child’s Learning Journey.
- Parents are asked to sign a consent form giving permission for their child’s image to appear in other children’s Learning Journeys, and to protect images of other children that may appear in any photos contained in their child’s Learning Journey.
- The Learning Journey starts when the child starts Pre-school , entries will be made more frequently as staff get to know the children.
- New observational entries to a child’s Learning Journey will usually be uploaded within two weeks of the observation being made.
- In all written observations, other children are referred to as ‘C1’, ‘C2’, etc – and not by name.
- We will try wherever possible to allocate “Tapestry time” per week to each member of staff to enable them to upload observations. Any overflow will have to be completed in staff’s own time.
- Tapestry is not used as a general communication tool between Pre-school and home. A child’s learning journey is a document recording their learning and development and parents may add comments on observations or contribute photos, videos or information about activities they have been doing at home.
- Parents may contact us through the usual channels for any other day-to-day matters, e.g. absence, lost property, etc.
- The Tapestry on-line Learning journey system is hosted on secure dedicated servers based in the UK.
- Access to information stored on Tapestry can only be gained by unique user id and password.
- Parents can only see their own child’s information and are unable to login to view other children’s Learning Journeys.